Monday, April 23, 2012

Raptor For Life


     I started classes at Rutgers Camden last September and I couldn't be happier. For me, going to school everyday is just the same as going to study and learn in a friend's back yard. It's my home away from home. The past few months have proven to me how much our school can come together. We as a small Rutgers family have banded together in efforts to put a stop to a plan that would harm our school. No matter how different we are, we all have Rutgers in common and have put our differences aside to protect the one thing we all share. That is why I truly love Rutgers Camden, I can get a world class education in my own back yard.
      Not only do I love the fact that it's a small campus, but I love the fact that since it's small if benefits me in everything I want to do. Since the school is so small I am able to know all my classmates by name and well enough to be able to get notes when I miss class and get well texts when I'm sick. But the best part of all that really benefits me is that the teachers know me by name and are able to give me one on one assistance when needed. In a big classroom with tons of students I wouldn't be able to get the help I need or get direct answers to all of my questions.
      Another thing I love about Rutgers Camden that is going to benefit me is its affiliations. As of right now I'm going to Rutgers Camden for Biomedical Technology. Part of my major requires me to do my last year at Cooper Hospital, which is awesome. When I'm done going to school that is one of the places I'd like to work and it'd look great on the application if I wrote that I studied there as part of my undergraduate work. And if I didn't end up working at Cooper that's still be a cool experience to be able to put down on my resume.
      Even though Rutgers Camden is such a small school, it has so much to offer me. I don't think I could be this happy anywhere else. I always tell my friends that are still in high school that they should consider Rutgers Camden. They'd be foolish not to take advantage of the great resources we have right here in our own backyard. Rutgers Camden is my home, my play ground, and my work, and I'd like to keep it that way as long as possible.

With Raptor Pride,
      Ivana Ledbetter xoxo
             Class 2015
scholarship is sponsored by CenturyLinkQuote.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment